Post-Graduate Department of History
R K Talreja College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Ulhasnagar
Recipient of the Justice K. T. Telang Research Fellowship by the Asiatic Society of Mumbai for the research Project on “Rekindling the History of Śilāhāras of North Kokaṇa as gleaned through the recent Epigraphical Revelations” (2013-2014)
Member, Mm. Dr. P. V. Kane Institute for Post Graduate studies and Research , The Asiatic Society of Mumbai.
Ph.D. (Ancient Indian Culture) Awarded by the Mm. Dr. P. V. Kane Institute for Post Graduate studies and Research , The Asiatic Society of Mumbai, (affiliated to the University of Mumbai) in Ancient Indian Culture. (February 2006)
Title of the Thesis: The Position of Women in Deccan as Gleaned through inscriptions: 200 B.C. – 1200 A. D.
M.Phil (History) – University of Mumbai – 1997
Title of Dissertation: The Spy Network of Chhatrapati Shivaji-1648 A.D.-1680 A.D.
Teaching Experience –Twenty years of teaching experience at the undergraduate & post graduate level at R. K. Talreja College of Arts, Commerce & Science, UNR., 3, Dist. Thane, Maharashtra. (Permanently affiliated to the University of Mumbai)
- Hindu Women as depicted in the inscriptions of ancient Deccan: A Paradigm Shift in the Historiographic Perception of Hindu Women: Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies, University of Oxford, UK, 9th May 2013.
- Glimpses: Women in Deccan as seen through inscriptions: Stuttgart, Germany as a part of Mumbai – Stuttgart Twin City Festival, arranged by the University of Stuttgart and the Hermann Gundert Gesselschaft, Stuttgart, Germany on 10th July 2008.
- Analysis of Early Brahmi Inscriptions, The Asiatic Society of Mumbai. 17th October 2015.
- Field Trip to Kuda Caves to analyse the Brahmi Inscriptions, Centre for Archaeology, Centre for Extra Mural Studies, University of Mumbai, 13th September 2015
- Mathura through Ages: Epigraphical Analysis of the Social History: Centre for Archaeology,Centre for Extra Mural Studies, University of Mumbai , 31st July 2015
- Emergence and Evolution of Brahmi Script, for the Advance Diploma in archaeology at the Department of Extra Mural Studies, University of Mumbai, 11th November 2014
- ‘Epigraphy as the Source of Ancient Indian Culture’ for the Certificate Course in Ancient Indian Culture of the Asiatic Society of Mumbai, 8th November 2014
- Emergence and Evolution of Brahmi Script: The Asiatic Society of Mumbai, 11th October 2014.
- ‘प्राचीन भारतीय शिलालेखांतील स्त्रिया’ for the Rotary Club of Kalyan, 21st August 2014
- Interpreting Social History through various inscriptions of the Śilāhāras of Northern Kokaṇa: Centre for Archaeology,Centre for Extra Mural Studies, University of Mumbai , 8th June 2014.
- ‘गद्धेगाळ: प्राचीन कोरीव लेखांतील शापवचने’ at Sahyadri Mitra Snehasammelan’, Dadar, Mumbai,13th April, 2014
- Indian Epigraphy: Inscriptional Base of Historical Research: Centre for Extra Mural Studies, University of Mumbai , 23rd March 2014.
- ‘Indian Epigraphical Sources’ at K M Agarwal College of Arts, Commerce & Science, Kalyan, 5th October 2013
- Early Indian Epigraphy: Inscriptional Base of Historical Research: Department of History & Sanskrit, Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai, 8th August 2013
- शिलालेखातील स्त्री जीवन, Sathaye College, Vile Parle, Mumbai, 4th February 2012.
- Secret Information Management, UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Commerce, organized by the Academic Staff College, Mumbai, 25th February 2007
Participation in Seminars /Conferences
- Property Rights of Women as Gleaned through Inscriptions: MM P V Kane Annual Seminar, Asiatic Society of Mumbai, 21st February 2015
- Kalyāṇa Copper Plates of Śilāhāra King Chittarāja (Śakē 941), Annual Conference of the Epigraphical Society of India, Allahabad, November, 2012
- Emergence & Evolution of Cāndrasēnīya Kāyastha Prabhū as a Caste: An Epigraphical Assertion , MM P V Kane Annual Seminar, Asiatic Society of Mumbai, 20th February, 2012.
- Female Benefactors of the rock cut caves at Karle and Bhaje: 4th Conference of South and South East Asian Association for the Study of Culture and Religion (co organized by the UNESCO, IAHR and CPIH) on ‘Mountains in the Religions of South and South East Asia: Place, Culture and Power’, Thimphu, Kingdom of Bhutan , 30th June and 3rd July 2011.
- Leading Buddhist Women of Ancient India: 12th Sakyadhita International Conference on Buddhist Women of the World ,Bangkok, Thailand, June 12-18, 2011.
- Propagation of religions by courtesans in ancient India: Epigraphical Substantiation, MM P V Kane Annual Seminar, Asiatic Society of Mumbai, 19th April, 2011
- Institution of marriage as perceived through the inscriptions, Annual Congress of XXXVI Annual Congress of Epigraphical Society of India and XXX Annual Congress of Place Names Society of India on 18 -20 March, 2011)
- Women in Deccan: An Epigraphical Substantiation: 200 BC – 1200 AD, International conference jointly organized by “Akhil Bharatiy Itihas Sankalan Yojana, New Delhi” and “Indic Studies Foundation, California” on distortions in Indian history on 9th January 2009.
- War: Killing Humanity, National Conference on Peace & Humanity organized by the K.J. Somaiya College, Vidyavihar, Mumbai, 17th February 2007.
- अलौकिका (ALAUKIKA) Param Mitra Publication, Thane, ISBN: 978-93-80875-07-1 published on 22nd December 2010.
Articles in Books:
- Understanding Various Facets of Economy During the Reign of the Shilaharas of North Konkan, ed. Tilak Abhay, Vivek Group Publication, Mumbai, 2018
- Mother – The soul of Indian family structure: An Epigraphical substantiation in Dynamic Aspects of Religion in India, ed. Anjali Chauhan, Bloomsbury Publishing, 2015.
- Virgal: Epitome Of Valor Of Unsung Heroes As Cherished By Women in Cultural Contours of History and Archaeology (Festschrift In honour of Prof. P. Chenna Reddy), Volume V- Art, ISBN:9789350500699, 2014.
- Female Patrons of Early Buddhism in Ancient India: An Epigraphical Analysis, Journal of Historical Archaeology & Anthropological Sciences, Volume 1 Issue 4 – 2017, July 03, 2017 (Citation: Mokashi R (2017) Female Patrons of Early Buddhism in Ancient India: An Epigraphical Analysis. J His Arch & Anthropol Sci 1(4): 00021. DOI:10.15406/jhaas.2017.01.00021
- शिलाहार राजा तिसरा अनंतदेव याचा किरवली शिलालेख, Traimasik, Bharat Itihas Samshodhan Mandal, Vol-93, April 2016-March 2017, Pune, pp. 16-20
- शिलाहार राजा झंझ आणि शिवमंदिराची आख्यायिका: पुराभिलेखीय अवलोकन, Traimasik, Bharat Itihas Samshodhan Mandal, Vol-93, April 2016-March 2017, Pune, pp. 21-36
- Brahmi Inscriptions from Kondane Caves, Ancient Asia, Journal of the Society of South Asia,8: 3, pp. 1–7, DOI: https://doi.org/10.5334/aa.114, April 2017
- An inventory of newly Discovered Ass Curse Stelae (Gaddhegal Stones) from Maharashtra, Journal of the Asiatic Society of Mumbai, Vol-87, 2013-2014, ISSN- 0972-0766
- King Jhanjha and the Legend of Shiva Temples: An Epigraphical Analysis, Research Deliberation- An International Journal for Humanities and Social Science, (refereed journal) Volume-II Issue -I, May 2016, ISSN-2395-7778
- The Chalukyas of South Konkan as Gleaned through the Inscriptions, Historicity,February, 2016, ISSN : 2393-8900 Impact Factor : 0.4521 UIF (online)
- Contribution of Narayan Jagannath Vaidya towards Reforms in the Education System of Sindh and the Legacy of Narayan Jagannath Vaidya (NJV) High School of Karachi, Samshodhak, Itihasacharya V K Rajwade Samshodhan Mandal, year 83, Volume 4, December 2015, ISSN 2394-5990
- Emergence & Evolution of Cāndrasēnīya Kāyastha Prabhū as a Caste: An Epigraphical Assertion: Prag Samiksha, Vol-3, August 2015, ISSN: 2321-659X
- Gaddhegal Stones: An Analysis of Imprecations and Engraved Illustrations: International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, August 2015, ISSN- 2278-0211 (online double blind peer reviewed-GIF: 0.675 for 2015)
- Property Rights of Hindu Women in the Context of Ownership, Transfer and Transmission of Property : An Epigraphical Analysis: Research Deliberation- An International Journal for Humanities and Social Science, (refereed journal) May 2015, ISSN-2395-7778, pp. 22-38
- The Interlude of Jaitugi: Evaluation of the Sandor Inscription, Prag Samiksha, Vol-II, Issue-II, February 2015, ISSN 2321-659X
- Expressions of Faith: Courtesans as Gleaned through Ancient Indian Donative Inscriptions,International Journal of Social Science and Humanities Research, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp: (491-497), April – June 2015, ISSN 2348-3164 (online)
- Finding space for Upasikas in the annals of ancient Indian Buddhism: Inscriptional evidence of the lay female devotees: Conference Proceedings, National Seminar on women’s Issues, Department of Economics, R T Talreja College, Ulhasnagar, 20th March 2015, ISBN-978-93-83342-6
- The Ass Curse Stele Tradition: Gaddhegal of Ancient Maharastra: MARG, Volume 66, No.1, September 2014, ISSN: 0972-1444, pp. 66-75
- Women in Deccan as gleaned through inscriptions: 200 BCE- 1200 AD http://www.currentepigraphy.org/category/publications/guest-post/ ISSN 1754-0909
- Panvel Copper Plate of Śilāhāra King Chittarājā (śaka 947): Traimasik, Quarterly of Bharat Itihas Samshodhak Mandal, Pune, Volume 90, No. 1-4, July 2013-April 2014, pp. 45-50
- Daṃḍadaśapārādha and Kumārīsāhasadaṃḍa: Criminal Code for Protection in Women of Ancient Deccan As Gleaned Through Inscriptions: Itihas Darpan, Volume XIX (1), Akhil Bharatiya Itihas Sankalan Yojana, New Delhi, 2014, ISSN 974-3065x.
- छित्तराजा याचा नवा ताम्रपट, Traimasik, Bharat Itihas Samshodhak Mandal Quarterly, Year-89,July 2012-April 2013, Pune.
- Female patronage at Buddhist Rock Cut Caityas at Kārle and Bhāje: International Journal of Social Science and Interdisciplinary Research, Volume 2, October 2013, double peer reviewed, ISSN:22773630, GIF: 3.503
- Kalyāṇa Copper Plates of Śilāhāra King Chittarāja (1019 CE): Ancient Planet Online, Patras, Greece, Volume 4, February 2013, ISSN_ 2241-5157.
- Water as Recorded in the ancient Indian Inscriptions: Proceedings of the UGC Sponsored State Level Seminar On Water Management by the Department of Economics, University of Mumbai, 8th September, 2012, ISBN-978-81-903978-2-8
- Unveiling Bhikkhunīs in Oblivion: Ancient Bhikkhunī Sangha as revealed in the inscriptions of Rock Cut Caves of Western Deccan: PRESENT, California, USA, 2012, ISSN 2156-0099.
- Ữ PHẬT TỬ XUẤT CÁCH TẠI ẤN ĐỘ CỔ ĐẠI – Rupali Mokashi – Dịch Việt Sư cô Viên Ngạn (Vietnamese Version_Women in annals of Buddhist History)
- Institution of marriage as perceived through the inscriptions: Studies in Indian Epigraphy , The Epigraphical Society of India, Mysore, 2012.
- Devadasis as seen in the Inscriptions: Dr. M. D. Sampath Felicitation Volume, published by Journal of the Ancient Sciences and Archaeological Society of India, 2008.